Associate Professor EmeritusArea:
Paula Kempchinsky is Associate Professor in the Department of Spanish & Portuguese at the University of Iowa, specializing in Spanish syntax, syntactic theory and comparative Romance linguistics.
- “CLLD as a window on the left periphery” 2012/in press Selected Proceedings from HLS 2011
- “Clitic-doubled left dislocation and focus fronting in L2 Spanish: A case of successful acquisition at the syntax–discourse interface” 2012 Second Language Research, with Roumyana Slabakova (principal author) & Jason Rothman
- “Gradient competence at the Syntax-Discourse Interface” 2011 EuroSLA Yearbook, with Roumyana Slabakova (principal author) & Jason Rothman
- “What Can the Subjunctive Disjoint Reference Effect Tell Us About the Subjunctive?”, Lingua 119 (2009).
- “How Much Structure Does the Left Periphery Need?” 2008, poster presentation, LSRL 38
- “Teasing Apart the Middle” 2006, Andolin gogoan/Homenaje a Andolin Eguzkitza
- “Romance SE as an Aspectual Element” 2004, Contemporary Approaches to Romance Linguistics: Selected Papers from the 33rd Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages.
- “Locative Inversion, PP Topicalization and the EPP” 2002, Current Issues in Romance Languages: Selected Proceedings of the 29th Linguistic Symposium on Romance Languages.
- “On the Position of Preposed PPs in English and Spanish” 2001, Features and Interfaces in Romance.
- “Aspect Projections and Predicate Type” 2000, Hispanic Linguistics at the Turn of the Millennium.